We have tried to develop this part of our website to help young people who are registered with The Sele Medical Practice.
We are considering setting up an e-mail group to discuss young people's health matters and concerns. If you would like to become involved, please send an e-mail to NORCCG.Sele-Admin@nhs.net and we'll keep your e-mail address on record and contact you when we've made some progress.
All appointments are confidential and we appreciate that for young people living in a fairly tightly knit community this is extremely important. We would only consider passing on information if it was felt you were in danger or being harmed, and would always tell you if this were going to happen.
We appreciate that it is sometimes difficult for you to access the services we offer for a number of reasons
- It could be that because of school you are unable to get to the surgery
- It could be that because you don't live in the centre of Hexham it would mean asking someone to bring you
- It could be that you would feel uncomfortable sitting in the waiting room because of who might see you
Hopefully by providing this webpage we may be able to address some of these problems for you. We would therefore like to give the following information
- All consultations are confidential from family, friends and school.
- We are a C-Card surgery
- If you need any confidential advice about health issues please make an appointment or telephone us at the surgery.
- If you would like an appointment, but would prefer not to sit in the waiting room, then let us know and we will arrange this for you.
- We have both male and female doctors for you to choose from.
- You can consult with a doctor from 14 years old unaccompanied.
- We have a Chaperone Policy in the practice which means that you could have a trained member of staff with you in your consultation at yours or the doctors request.
- Contraceptive prescriptions are FREE
Telephone numbers you might find useful
- SORTED-A confidential substance misuse service (under 18's) Tel: 01670 500150 TXT: 07788496793
- G.U.M. Clinic (Genito-Urinary Medicine Clinic-Newcastle General Hospital)- 0191 219 5013/5011
- Northumberland GUM services 01670 814873
- Childline 0800 11 11
- Northumberland Stimulant Service 07590442777
Websites that you might find useful
Did you know that screening for Chlamydia is free to the under 25's. You don't even need to tell us about it although if you would like to disucss it with a GP we will be happy to advise you.
You can recieve advice or just talk about.....
Sex and sexuality, exam pressures, body size and weight, eating and food, bullying, stopping smoking.
To find the nearest clinic call 01670 543131